Nevertheless, this is not the end of the building. In the mid-1950's, the management of the hotel was passed from the national administration to the Giant Mountains hotels and the hotel was renamed Social House (Společenský dům). In 1988, the hotel burnt down.
In was only in 1996, when the whole of the hotel was reconstructed and rebuilt. The hotel was reopened and given back its name - the Windsor Hotel***.
Eleven years later, the owners completed the wellness annexe and the hotel got its fourth star.